Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm In Love!

Introducing the Salsa Chili Con Crosso


Who needs wings to fly? Myself and one of the Horsemen of Duluth, Rich Hendricks decided a three hour jaunt up the shore of Lake Superior was in order and with my 'build' complete the Chili was taken for her maiden voyage. I have to admit I was a bit nervous about the first ride as I had painstakingly maneuvered through the build process as it was my first time completely building a bike. Knowing me like I know me, I figured for sure something catastrophic would happen to the bike. However, things went surprisingly well. I know everyone always goes on and on about their new bike being the best bike they've ever had and how amazing it is, bla, bla, bla. But, seriously this thing rides itself, all you have to do is hang on. The ease at which it climbs was immediately noticeable, so light, coming in at just under 20 lbs. (if my scale was correct).



I was like a proud papa after we pulled into our favorite north shore coffee shop, the Mocha Moose. In fact, Patty the owner was so taken with Chili that she gave me a free cup of coffee.






These wheels really roll! Chris King hubs, DT Swiss 465 rims, Double Butted Spokes. I couldn't even tell I had wheels on the bike. It felt like I was floating.







Admit it, she's pretty!!












































































6 comments:

Ari said...

I need to go home and take a cold shower!
congrats on the new bike. The hubs,frame and skewers are luscious!
good job.,
ari

Doug said...

Ok...She's pretty. You're a lucky man!

Rich said...

She IS a Beaut!! Well done Man ...

Charlie Farrow said...

Itz Okay...Kinda too bright and shiny. Plus itz too light...
C

MG said...

Man, that thing is hot... Nice build Eki. Yours definitely has much more pimpy parts than mine does. It's cool too, because at TI, between you, Joe Meiser and I, we'll be on three different Salsa models from their current line, and Steve Fuller will be on one of the older steel La Cruz frames. Salsa is clearly doing a great job of designing great bikes to ride for racers that want to "go the distance."

Gotchile said...

Eki, Those CCC ore really nice. I own a green version and love it. I have taken the bike to The Netherlands with 25cm road tires, ridden roads, hills. As you mentioned, just under 20 lbs and much lighter than my Surly.